05 June 2012

Bill Press: 'Get Rid of' Star-Spangled Banner, Lest He Feel 'Embarrassed'

Bill Press: 'Get Rid of' Star-Spangled Banner, Lest He Feel 'Embarrassed'

I'm embarrassed for you, Douchebag. I'm sure we could find you a nice country to move to where you won't have to worry about hearing that pesky melody ever again.

Arrogant, self-important, elitist jackwagon idiot.

There is so much wrong with it, I don’t know where to start,” Press said. “It’s an abomination.” 
Among the abominations Press cited were that the Anthem is not singable because it is two octaves, contains “military jargon” like “bombs bursting in air” and “rocket’s red glare.”
Press was also bothered by the phrase “home of the brave.”
“Are we the only ones that are brave on the planet?,” Press asked. “I think it’s stupid ... I am embarrassed every time I hear it.”  
The discussion was in response to a Vanity Fair poll that found 22 percent of those surveyed thought Bruce Springsteen should compose a new national anthem if the Star-Spangled Banner ever were replaced.

No comments: