24 May 2009

New Rally Date

First, I want to thank everyone who encouraged and supported me while I fought to put the originial event together. This event was always about the milbloggers and the troops. I would not have considered it had I not received the full backing and endorsement from some heavy hitters in the milblog community.

That being said, Gathering of Eagles has decided that November 7 in Washington DC is a good time to hold this event.

There are two things that need to be said:

1. I had nothing to do with that decision. I was not consulted or asked, and only found out when I received a phone call from a friend who is an ACTIVE Chapter leader.

2. I have resigned as Special Events Coordinator for Gathering of Eagles.

Apparently lack of funding is no excuse for my failure to make the June event a huge success.

No comments: