22 May 2010

Welcome First Timers-

to my little piece of the internet.

I try to post things that educate people about our enemies and news stories from friends and other journalists I like and admire, and sometimes I'll go off on a tangent on my own and just say what I'm thinking. I'll also keep you updated on the activities of Cooking with the Troops, Warrior Legacy, and any other events or efforts directed towards improving the quality of life for our Warriors, their families and the people who take care of them.

The song you're listening to is The Warrior Song. It was put together by a young man out in California. Warrior Legacy Foundation has adopted this song as its official theme song.

You'll see references to The Hammer at times. Mary Katharine Ham is a great journalist, well-spoken, cute as a puppy in pet store window, and country as a turnip green. She's also a friend of mine and she sits with me and Laughing Wolf (aka C. Blake Powers) on the Board of Directors of Cooking with the Troops. The Hammer is winding up a week long trip to the Sandbox and I suspect a long post is coming about that trip. William Kristol did a follow up to her dispatch with some background on the Marine.

The Heritage Foundation is referenced here a lot, as are most of the milblogs. Jump over to our sister site, United Conservatives or the military themed The Talon for more stuff from other co-conspirators. Uncle Jimbo always has something interesting to say, and my buddy Jonn over at This Aint Hell is doing yeoman's work.

Mark Alexander is one my personal heros and runs a place called Patriot Post, which used to be called the Federalist Digest. You should really check it out.

I hope you like what you see, hear, and read. If you're so moved, we can use some help with the cooking events.

Semper Fidelis
Semper Paratus
Semper Vigilio

No comments: