29 September 2006

My Weekend Plans

DC Protest Warrior
This weekend will be a milestone for me. This weekend I will be attending my first political rally in support of a candidate for elected office, and it's not even in my state.

The rally is in support of Diana Irey, candidate for the 12th Congressional District of Pennsylvania. This seat is currently held by that back-stabbing, code pink supporting, scum-sucking ex-Marine, John "Cut and Run" Murtha.
I'd like to tell you how I really feel about him, but this is a family oriented blog.
First on the agenda, though, is a visit to Walter Reed Army Medical Center Friday night and seeing some of my buds. We'll wind-up going to Hal Kosters new place in NW DC, and this week I will NOT drink like Prohibition will be in effect on Saturday. Uh Huh..Riiiighttt. (My best Bill Cosby).
Hal has a little foundation called


which pays for the Friday night dinners the wounded soldiers and their families have come to enjoy. Hal started this Friday night outing back in 2003. Hal is a Viet Nam veteran, and a really great guy. You can help Hal by sending a small donation. The address is posted on the website. Just click the link, write down the address, write your check, and drop it in the mail. You'll be helping a worthy cause. I know, because I've had the privilege of being in attendance at a few of these dinners, and the troops love it.

Saturday, I will leave DC early and drive up to Shanksville, PA. In case you haven't been paying attention for the last five years, Shanksville PA is the site where the first heroes in our War on Terror found their final resting place.
Todd, Jeremy, Mark and the others aboard Flight 93, Rest In Peace. This Nation owes you a debt which can never be re-paid.
I will meet up with a few of my FReeper FRiends, and some motorcycle riders around 1130 hours and we will pay our respects to those who spent the final minutes of their lives fighting to save our Nation's Capital. We can only speculate as to the intended target but, since my niece was in DC that day, it's irrelevant in my mind. They saved her life. That's all I need to know.
Word on the forum is code pink is there protesting the Flight 93 Memorial.
What a bunch of losers.
Isn't it bad enough they feel they have to protest the War on Terror in front of a military hospital?
Can't these moonbats find jobs? Do they have to protest EVERYTHING???
Well, I'll ask them when I get there. Politely of course...uh huh Riiiiiight. A$$HATS. oops. did I say that out loud???

Then, it's on to Johnstown, PA, for a pre-rally
rally. I'm not sure how rowdy this one will get, but with a bunch of former Marine Southern rednecks paired with some of PA's finest Yankees, a good time is garrrronnnnteed.

I'll have more after the weekend is over, assuming I can remember what happened of course.
I guess I should take some pictures.
Would ya'll like some pictures??
Lets see a show of hands. One, two, ...two...two...c'mon, guys...everybody likes pictures..
SEMPER FI
Let's ROLL!!!!!!

5 comments:

chancuff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

my hand is up for pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course I want pictures.

Why is Code Pink going to be there? What's their story? I never agree with them, but they usually have some silly set of reasons.

Anonymous said...

definitely pictures! good fasting.

Anonymous said...

Ok. Raising my hand!